Sunday, June 9, 2013

Anxiety Attack

I woke up with difficulty breathing and a bit of a panic attack. I tried to sit still and take deep breaths but couldn't stay still at all. Eating some snacks helped, as the act of chewing helps distract me I think. I used to dismiss people who say they get these anxiety attacks, thinking they are such drama queens, and now I get them myself. Not sure if I should attribute this to my current diet (too much caffeine?), my life experiences leading me to this, or what. I had a 4 day long weekend and am well rested. So it shouldn't be caused by stress. I wonder if this is the effect of aging, and I will just keep accumulating more of these small annoyances as I get older. What's next, random pain in various parts of the body, and hallucinations? I am already quite forgetful. Maybe dementia is next.

 

2 comments:

  1. I started getting them a couple of years ago. I have found that limmiting caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol helps a lot. I do think it comes with age for what ever reason. If you feel one coming on do something (like you said) that distracts you and make sure you breathe nice and slow.

    I honestly know exactly how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this Suzanne! Good to know I'm not the only one!!

      Delete